Protean Investments launches to deliver range of inflation beating funds to underpin pension funds and also targeting high net worth investors wanting reward without undue risk
October 28th 2011
PROTEAN INVESTMENTS launches with Gilt-backed returns of RPI + c. 2.5 – 3.5% p.a.
PROTEAN INVESTMENTS, a specialist company serving institutional investors, is offering a new bond delivering inflation-beating returns.
The bond launches at a time when investment managers are struggling to find allocations to traditional assets that provide reasonable confidence of generating real returns.
The performance of many hedge and absolute return funds have disappointed and failed to justify high levels of fees.
The Protean Investments RPI Plus Note brings exceptional clarity with clearly defined returns, net of all fees, and simply stated risks.
By fully collateralising the bond with gilts, Protean mitigate the uncertainty posed by counterparty risk common in many current investments.
The tortoise or the hare – which funds should investors be in to make their money perform? Rob Pemberton, investment director for HFM Columbus sorts the good from the bad and the ugly
October 26 2011
IS IT TIME TO SWITCH FROM TORTOISE TO HARE AND CONSIDER ‘RISK ON’ FUNDS?
Rob Pemberton, investment director of wealth manager HFM Columbus weighs up the pros and cons facing investors looking to capitalise on the current market conditions
Invesco Perpetual Income – up 6% compared to sector loss of 4%
First State Asia Pacific Leaders – down 7% compared to sector loss of 16%
Newton Global Higher Income – down 1% compared to sector loss of 10%
SABIEN TECHNOLOGY POWERS AHEAD FOLLOWING £997,000 BT CONTRACT WIN – LATEST INVESTMENT REFLECTS HIGH INTEREST FROM BLUE CHIPS FOR PROVEN ENERGY EFFICIENT TECHNOLOGY
October 10th 2011
Third phase of BT investment reflects value of Sabien M2G technology
Company now firmly on blue chip procurement radar
Robust sales pipeline through 2011 and into 2012
Bullish growth forecasts in difficult trading conditions
Sabien Technology Group plc, the manufacturer and supplier of M2G, a boiler energy efficiency technology, has confirmed a major – £997,625 – contract win with telecommunications giant BT*(see editor’s notes).
The company said the level of investment by the leading blue chip company showed yet again how major UK companies increasingly value Sabien’s ability to deliver proven technology in a crucial sector.
ANNUITY DIRECT JOINS FORCES WITH LORICA EMPLOYEE BENEFITS TO OFFER BESPOKE ANNUITY AND RETIREMENT PLANNING SERVICE TO UK FIRMS
October 5th 2011
Formidable new joint venture to bring enhanced, expert service to work-place pensions advice
Annuity Direct signals intention to expand at retirement advice service to leading UK EBC firms
Workers to benefit from outstanding, independent, high quality advice at point of retirement
Changing pensions landscape underpins vital importance of professional pensions advice in the work place
ANNUITY DIRECT, the UK’s leading independent annuity advice service, today announces it has teamed up with Lorica Employee Benefits – one of the UK’s fastest growing employee benefits consultants (see Note 1) – to offer a one stop service for employees wanting the very best advice on annuity products and retirement options.
The initiative signals Annuity Direct’s ambitions to forge wider commercial links with employee benefits consultants (EBC) across the UK, as the company expands its service offerings to meet changing and pressing demands for quality retirement advice from medium to large sized companies.
SABIEN TECHNOLOGY Group Plc, the manufacturer and supplier of M2G, a boiler energy efficiency technology, is pleased to report its preliminary results for the year to 30 June 2011
October 3rd 2011
Sabien Technology Group highlights 2011
- Sales for the year up 114% to £2.09m from £0.97m
- Post-tax profits of £0.23m compared with a loss after tax of £0.34m in 2010
- Notable contract wins in the 12 months included: London Borough of Greenwich; Monteray: British Telecom; Norland/Integral: Lloyds Banking Group; Corrigenda: Hampshire County Council; Cofely: Royal Botanical Gardens Kew; Lincolnshire County Council
- Sales from indirect partners increased by 148% to £0.38m from £0.15m in 2010 representing 18% of total sales revenue
- Greffen Systems, Inc.: Sabien’s US Distributor placed orders for £0.3m
- Net cash balance at 30 June 2011 was £1.03m (2010: £0.96m)
- Sales pipeline of £7.7m at 30 June 2011 up from £3.5m at 30 June 2010
- In May 2011, Sabien was awarded the Jones Lang LaSalle’s inaugural Supplier of Distinction Award for Energy & Sustainability
- Appointment of Dr Martin Blake to the Board
Highlights since the year end
- Sales orders received since 1 July 2011 total £0.8m, an increase of 38% over the same period last year
- Growing sales pipeline currently standing at c.£8.3m which includes over 100 blue chip private and public sector multi-site organisations